« Home | My Normal Day... » | Hotel » | Name Change » | Beginnings... » | Travelling John » | First Test »

Vespa!!




Taiwan loves the scooter. There are twice as many scooters on the road as cars and I gotta say, it sure helps the traffic problem. It's definitely not the safest mode of transportation and I wonder how many accidents they have each year. They sort of dash in and around traffic and play by their own rules.

It's fairly common to see more than one person on one, including parents with their child (or children). Once, I even saw a family of 4 on one scooter.

Cars cost about $20,000 in US dollars while your average scooter runs about $1000. So you can see why it's such a convenient mode of transportation.






I'll throw in an extra pic of what my morning drive is like. This street looks completely different at night, so I'll try to get one of those, too.