« Home | More street pics » | Vespa!! » | My Normal Day... » | Hotel » | Name Change » | Beginnings... » | Travelling John » | First Test »

Party!!


So on Friday, everyone on the team took me out for dinner to an International Restaurant. Of course, by "International" they mean different countries in Asia. There were traditional Chinese dishes, Japanese sushi and sashimi (everyone was impressed that I knew what those were), and some Korean dishes. It was buffet style, so I helped myself to those items I could recognize (plus a few I couldn't). Overall, very good food.

After dinner, all the members of the team gathered around the table and played a game that I couldn't recognize. On the count of three, they all put their hands in the middle while holding either one to five fingers out. Someone counted the total and then played eenie-meenie-mynie mo around the table. I watched with an odd couriosity, wondering what they were up to. Finally, the counting stopped and everyone ooh-ed and aah-ed for the "winner." There was lots of clapping, then the guy got up and, in broken english, introduced himself to me. Oh, so it was a bet....and he lost.

After introducing himself, he said we needed to have a drink together. Huh? He motioned that we needed to lock arms and have a drink, all while posing for the camera. Well, you can see the results of that here.


Anyway, it was a good time, so here's a few more pics of me and the people I've been working with...